Re: Installing on a dual G5

Hi,

Colin Watson writes:

> I stopped hw-detect from loading floppy on newworld systems ages
> ago.  However, Sven's images (used by the sid_d-i CDs) are broken:

Should I try a sarge image, then?  I happen to have 20040618 right
here (used it as a rescue system during the recent moprobe incident).

> > install-power4-2.6 doesn't detect the keyboard and therefore sits
> > forever at the country chooser.
>
> What sort of keyboard is it?

That's the Apple Extended USB keyboard that came with the machine.
It's normally connected (and works nicely in Linux) via the built-in
hub of an Apple Cinema Display, which is in turned connected via the
USB connection in the ADC connector.  I also plugged it directly into
the other USB ports to make sure it wasn't a hub problem.

> > Is there anything I can do to help fix this?  Like, I go to yorick at
> > an appointed time, we meet on IRC, you build a netboot image, I test
> > it and provide feedback, we repeat until it runs?
>
> We can certainly arrange that, but I'm not feeling very well today so
> let's try a couple of rounds of information-gathering first. :)

I was thinking of the weekend.  yorick is normally a Photoshop
workstation, and the people that share the office with him would
surely not appreciate a hacking session during their work hours.  Most
importantly because they don't have a spare desk :)

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!