Re: iBook 2.2 with new board, full of problems

> In my iBook I have problems when it is hot, in 2.4 and in 2.6 kernels.
> If I keep ibook in a very cold place, compiling is OK, system is OK, but
> I dont live in an icebox, he :)
> There are many things crashing besides compiling, system crashes in many
> ways, I remind that all this problems are happening me since the board
> was changed cause the display failure, before system works without any
> problem allways. I'm getting mad looking for the reason.

Maybe they didn't service it properly and unplugged the thermostat
or something like that ?

I don't know how temperature control work on those early models,
it's supposed to be more/less automatically controlled by a
thermostat chip configured once for all by the firmware, I don't
think the kernel is supposed to do any kind of thermal control.

Ben.