Re: iBook 2.2 with new board, full of problems
- To: "debian-powerpc@lists" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: iBook 2.2 with new board, full of problems
- From: Alberto Viniegra Ilarregui <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 12:35:18 +0100
- Message-id: <1078227318.762.12.camel@wildness>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <1078183007.2900.199.camel@wildness> <20040302095101.GA22789@gevaerts.be> <email@example.com>
El mar, 02-03-2004 a las 11:48, Michel DÃ¤nzer escribiÃ³:
> On Tue, 2004-03-02 at 10:51, Frank Gevaerts wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 12:16:47AM +0100, Alberto Viniegra Ilarregui wrote:
> > >
> > > So, I cant use my computer normally, sometimes if the iBook get hot
> > > aplications crashes, today a DVD playback crashed, gnome-terminal
> > > crashes in one compiling test, yesterday my screen got frozen...
> > > I dont know what to do, cause all this problems only happen when system
> > > temperature is high, and since the motherboard was changed.
> > I have similar problems on my 600MHz ibook since a few weeks. The
> > difference is that mine was not sent in for repairs recently (it was in
> > march 2003, display problems...).
> > The problems appeared shortly after i started running 2.6 kernels, but
> > they also occur in 2.4, so I don't think this is related.
> Beware that at least some of the symptoms described above would be
> expected if CONFIG_PREEMPT is enabled.
In my iBook I have problems when it is hot, in 2.4 and in 2.6 kernels.
If I keep ibook in a very cold place, compiling is OK, system is OK, but
I dont live in an icebox, he :)
There are many things crashing besides compiling, system crashes in many
ways, I remind that all this problems are happening me since the board
was changed cause the display failure, before system works without any
problem allways. I'm getting mad looking for the reason.
> Earthling Michel DÃ¤nzer | Debian (powerpc), X and DRI developer
> Libre software enthusiast | http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=daenzer