Re: iBook 2.2 with new board, full of problems

l mar, 02-03-2004 a las 14:39, Kristian Peters escribió:
> Alberto Viniegra Ilarregui <lobezno@toughguy.net> schrieb:
> > In my iBook I have problems when it is hot, in 2.4 and in 2.6
kernels.
> > If I keep ibook in a very cold place, compiling is OK, system is OK,
but
> > I dont live in an icebox, he :)
> > There are many things crashing besides compiling, system crashes in
many
> > ways, I remind that all this problems are happening me since the
board
> > was changed cause the display failure, before system works without
any
> > problem allways. I'm getting mad looking for the reason.
>
> Could you verify your problems and crashes with 2.4.20-ben and preempt
disabled ? I have exactly the same model and never experienced any
problems during the summer months (even with preempt enabled !). Except
that my iBook was getting very hot and the fan was spinning all the
time.
Hi Kristian.

revision        : 2.3 (pvr 7000 0203)****do you use same revision?????
bogomips        : 1785.85
machine         : PowerBook4,3
motherboard     : PowerBook4,3 MacRISC2 MacRISC Power Macintosh

This is the only difference I have with a friend's ibook, he dont have
problems, and I am only getting problems now with new revision board.
please look for your revision and send me the /proc/cpuinfo.

> I'm still using an ancient Woody with a self-compiled X-Free 4.2 +
Michael Dänzers drivers.
I use Linux 2.6.3-ben2, gcc3.3.3, XFree86 Version 4.3.99.12 (DRI trunk),
Gnome2.4
I am not sure if it is a hardware failure issue, maybe my new board is
not fully supported?, cause osx works fine, I am testing with gcc and
till now works, but I only compiled small soft, like wget, bash.
I'm going to try with x server, and reproduce the bug, if not... It must
be a linux ussue with my new board may be?
> You should remote login to you iBook via ssh or something similar and
try to catch any log-messages. Maybe we can read something out of the
appearing logs.

> /etc/syslog.conf:
> *.*                             |/dev/xlog
>
> tail -f /dev/xlog as root.
>
> Hope we can trigger something.
>
> You can test the shell fork-bomb too. (Your computer will be
unresponsive for quite some minutes. ;) But this is not a real
stress-test, so better beware of any problems !

> :(){:|:&};:
>
> *Kristian

Thanks Kristian.
--

       .:: Tierra pertenece a nadie - Earth belongs nobody ::.

 Alberto Viniegra Ilarregui

 PGP Public Key: http://sindominio.net/~lobezno/lobezno@SD.asc
 Huella de clave = 2C37 EBF0 2D92 C792 76BF  4A62 2BAD 0A84 EDF7 DF2E

 Debian    http://www.debian.org
 GNU/Linux http://www.gnu.org  http://www.linux.org

 http://wildness.mine.nu (void)