Re: iBook 2.2 with new board, full of problems

On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 12:16:47AM +0100, Alberto Viniegra Ilarregui wrote:
> Hi!
> I am a student from north Spain state, and I am having big
> problems with my computer, I'll give you dates.
> (sorry about my very low english level)
>

> So, I cant use my computer normally, sometimes if the iBook get hot
> aplications crashes, today a DVD playback crashed, gnome-terminal
> crashes in one compiling test, yesterday my screen got frozen...
> I dont know what to do, cause all this problems only happen when system
> temperature is high, and since the motherboard was changed.

I have similar problems on my 600MHz ibook since a few weeks. The
difference is that mine was not sent in for repairs recently (it was in
march 2003, display problems...).
The problems appeared shortly after i started running 2.6 kernels, but
they also occur in 2.4, so I don't think this is related.
My /proc/cpuinfo says:

processor       : 0
cpu             : 750FX
temperature     : 17 C (uncalibrated)
clock           : 400MHz
revision        : 1.18 (pvr 7000 0112)
bogomips        : 791.89
machine         : PowerBook4,3
motherboard     : PowerBook4,3 MacRISC2 MacRISC Power Macintosh
detected as     : 257 (iBook 2 rev. 2)
pmac flags      : 0000000b
L2 cache        : 512K unified
memory          : 384MB
pmac-generation : NewWorld

(I forced the clock to 400MHz hoping that it will have fewer problems)

Frank