Re: Meta Alt oh my! (long)

Em Seg, 2003-08-18 às 18:11, Michel Dänzer escreveu:

> Or maybe the macintosh keymap would have worked as you want without
> altwin? :)

	Theoretically possible, but I seem to remember that when I didn't had
altwin set I got that broken mixed Alt and Meta behaviour on the
Alt/Option key, with the logo key inoperant.

	Again, that will have to wait until I set a :2 to experiment without
having to restart my current sessions... or until my system freezes
again.

	BTW, is there a way of initiating a third server without restarting the
already existing ones?

> The logs don't lie

	I hope that's true in X.  I wouldn't hold it as absolute truth, from
the experience I have with other systems.

> the keyboard configuration was always identical on
> server startup (unless the logs contained a relevant difference you
> didn't post), the difference was likely caused by a client.

	OK, which clients could be those, and how to investigate the
possibilities?

	And why they would be OK now, since the only thing I am conscient of
having changed was the given lines in XF86Config-4?

> I'm still not convinced there's an X bug. I haven't seen an explanation
> for the difference in behaviour between the displays except the one
> above.

	OK, I will hold up until you or someone else show me how to investigate
this.

> Let's hope it will get us anything more than a wiki. ;)

	Indeed.

--
 _   Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra    +41 (21) 648 11 34
/ \  Lausanne, Vaud, Suisse                    +41 (78) 778 11 34