Re: Meta Alt oh my!

> 	Funny, this one caused the Apple/Command key to produce M-s,
> that is, Meta-Super.

That is so whack. I'm not getting any of the same results you do.

> 	This gives me Alt and Meta as I want them in Emacs, but with
> an additional strange twist: M-TAB gets captured by Emacs without cycling
> windows as altwin:meta_win does; and outside of Emacs, only the first time
> M-TAB gets used it cycles windows, after that it only produces the effect
> of TAB, that is, changing input fields...

I had another idea. It seems that altwin:meta_win gives you what you want, but
only on display :0.

Run the program `setxkbmap -v 6`; it should show you the list of Xkb mappings
it applies by default (and applies them). I bet the results are different on
:0 and :1. Or by running this on :1, it will set the altwin:meta_win to what
you want. If it shows differences, you can use setxkbmap -option
altwin:meta_win (or something) to set them to the same thing.

If that works, then there's a bug with how XFree handles alternate kemaps on
secondary displays.

> 	Yes, GNU/Linux is still far away from the average user...

Yeah. Anything having to do with low-level access for common desktop needs is
underpowered. Keyboard, mouse, sound, USB. It's coming together, but slowly.
I think the real requirements aren't well defined, so there are a lot of
different solutions. Just look at the list of sound solutions!

Frank