Re: Meta Alt oh my! (long)

On Mon, 2003-08-18 at 16:28, Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra
wrote:

> 	Latest news... everything works now, in both servers.

Cool.

[...]

> 	Now :1 and :0 are identical, both in the output to the above
> commands and in behaviour.
>
> 	So I gather that the macintosh keymap never took effect in :0;
> looks like X defaulted to pc101 and that enabled altwin(meta_win) to
> work, while :1 got the macintosh keymap where altwin had no effect.

Or maybe the macintosh keymap would have worked as you want without
altwin? :)

> Strange that nothing appeared at the logs.

The logs don't lie; the keyboard configuration was always identical on
server startup (unless the logs contained a relevant difference you
didn't post), the difference was likely caused by a client.

> 	I give the case as closed AFAIC... but I guess it still
> warrants some form of bug report; if someone knows how to gather
> enough information, I'm ready to collaborate.

I'm still not convinced there's an X bug. I haven't seen an explanation
for the difference in behaviour between the displays except the one
above.

> 	Perhaps Xouvert will get us an X that works as expected?...

Let's hope it will get us anything more than a wiki. ;)