Re: Meta Alt oh my! (long)

Em Dom, 2003-08-17 às 13:23, Michel Dänzer escreveu:
> So :0 no longer has what you configured in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4, even
> though the X server clearly picks that up on startup.

	I guess you are right...

> If you don't want
> to investigate your :0 session, maybe you want to provide the
> information for someone else to do it?

	I'd like to do whatever it takes to sort it out.  In fact, it is :0
that has it just as I want it.

> > 	Then I tried the same fix as before at :1
> > / $ setxkbmap -v 10 -rules xfree86 -model pc101 -layout pc -symbols "us(pc101)+us_intl+altwin(meta_win)" -variant us_intl -option "altwin:meta_win"
>
> If you prefer pc101, why do you have macintosh in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
> in the first place?

	I just tried to reproduce the behaviour in :0.  But no matter what, I
can't.  With setxkbmap, no matter if pc101 or macintosh or pc104, the
end result is the same: even if I can get GNU Emacs to see Alt and Meta,
I loose Alt-Tab in X, Meta-Tab is equivalent to a simple Tab, Alt-Left
and Alt-Right do nothing.  Interestingly, the first and sometimes second
time I use it after setxkbmap Meta-Tab or after opening the lid,
Meta-Tab works; then it reverts to simple Tab behaviour.

	So what can I do to dig deeper?  Any way of getting a more verbose
output, or should just I just try setxkbmap at :0 to see how it breaks?

--
 _   Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra    +41 (21) 648 11 34
/ \  Lausanne, Vaud, Suisse                    +41 (78) 778 11 34