Re: [SOLVED-sort of]: Re: Can't start installation via yaboot at OpenFirmware prompt

On Tue, Jul 09, 2002 at 02:30:15PM -0500, Kent West wrote:

> I tried the command "boot" by itself, and got an error referencing
> 	ide0/0:12 :thptpt (or something similar)
> so on a lark, I tried
> 	boot ide0/@:7
> (without the "yaboot" even)
> and the Debian installer started up. I believe I'm in business. It's
> downloading drivers/modules/base from the 'net as I type. Yea!
>
> Thanks for everyone's input.

Wow, so that means hd is not always an alias. Good information! I'll add
a comment to the manual.

BTW, you were asking about the manual; the one I'm talking about is in my
.sig (for installing woody; we're not working on potato anymore).