Re: QUIESCE + MacOS still hangs (was Re: new ibook - potato 2.2r4 - image not found)

On Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 03:47:17AM +0100, Florian Friesdorf wrote:
> I'm trying to start the debian installer (woody - 3.0.16).
> Therefore I'm using the following yaboot.conf
>
> device=enet:
> partition=0

you actually don't need partition= on network boots anymore, but it
causes no harm, yaboot ignores it.

> timeout=50
> init-message="Debian GNU/Linux Network boot"
>
> enableofboot
> enablecdboot
> enablenetboot

these will have no effect since you can't use the macigboot ofboot
script on network boots.  (well you can, but you have to do things
manually).

> image=linux
>     label=install
>     initrd=images-1.44/root.bin
>     initrd-size=8192
>     append="video=ofonly"
>
> I think this should be correct as I saw it in some howto.

yes should be ok, but only with yaboot 1.3.4 or later.

> I tried it either way. I also passed it on the boot: prompt.
> Seems to have no effect on what's going on:
>
> ERASE timeout on NVRAM
> DO-QUIESCE finishedbooting...

benh had the same thing, you need 2.4.

wait for a bit until i can figure out a way to create 2.4 flavored
boot-floppies.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/