Re: Installation Success on PowerPC SMP G4 w/ ADC monitor - but whence GLX?

Derrik Pates wrote:

> On Sun, 11 Nov 2001, Joseph Fannin wrote:
>

>> Conversely, I see just the opposite behavior (on an i386 machine)
>> -- if r128.o is loaded before or without agpgart.o, hardware
>> accel hangs the machine.  When agpgart is loaded before r128,
>> r128 prints some extra agp-related stuff to the console when it
>> initializes -- and then hw accel works for me.

> In the case of PowerPC systems, the UniNorth AGP controller support
> is still incomplete, and has some continuing "issues".

Is someone working on that?  Likely it will be fixed in 2.4?

> I have noticed that, at least on PowerPC systems with Rage128
> boards, DRI likes 16bpp depth, but 24bpp will throw up a black
> window, and proceed to hang the system hard.

Exactly the symptom I am seeing.

Curiously enough, glx works just fine in 16bpp (bzflag is *snappy!*), however, selecting 16bpp in X makes my desktop a hallucinogenic swirl of many colors (mostly pink and green) rather than the mild blue nebula it's supposed to be. Is this a known issue too? I'd really like it if my 3D were both fast *and* correct :)