Re: QUIESCE + MacOS still hangs (was Re: new ibook - potato 2.2r4 - image not found)

On Sun, Nov 11, 2001 at 05:16:56PM -0900, Ethan Benson wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 11, 2001 at 01:05:08PM -0500, Colin Walters wrote:
> > Florian Friesdorf <42ff@gmx.net> writes:
> >
> > > yaboot.conf (on my server):
> > > ---
> > > device=enet:
> > > partition=0
> > > timeout=50
> > > init-message="Debian GNU/Linux Network boot"
> > > default=linux
> > > append="video=ofonly"
> > > read-only
> > >
> > > image=linux
> > >     label=linux
> > >     root=image-1.44/root.bin
> >
> > This is wrong.  root should be something like /dev/hda3.
>
> yes
>
> > > image=linux
> > >     label=linux2
> > >     initrd=images-1.44/root.bin
> > >     initrd-size=8192
> >
> > You also want a root argument here.
>
> on 2.2 its not necessary, 2.4 seems to need /dev/ram or /dev/ram0

I'm trying to start the debian installer (woody - 3.0.16).
Therefore I'm using the following yaboot.conf

device=enet:
partition=0
timeout=50
init-message="Debian GNU/Linux Network boot"

enableofboot
enablecdboot
enablenetboot

image=linux
    label=install
    initrd=images-1.44/root.bin
    initrd-size=8192
    append="video=ofonly"

I think this should be correct as I saw it in some howto.

> > Also, just on a hunch, could you move the append="video=ofonly"
> > inside the image sections?
>
> yaboot supports append in either the global or per image sections,
> though i haven't ever tested it in a global section.

I tried it either way. I also passed it on the boot: prompt.
Seems to have no effect on what's going on:

ERASE timeout on NVRAM
DO-QUIESCE finishedbooting...

regards
florian

--
     Florian Friesdorf <42ff@gmx.net>
OpenPGP key available on public key servers

------> Save the future of Open Source <------
-> Online-Petition against Software Patents <-
------> http://petition.eurolinux.org <-------