Re: Supported models

i have an idea on this... how about a small Mac OS application that you
could d/l and run and it would read the gestalt id and report weather the
machine will run and what dist minimum to use (i.e Beige G3 would report
something like 'This machine would need bootx to startup and Dist 2.2r2 or
newer') this would probly make it easier for people new to linux to decide
wheather they a) want to try linux and b) a starting point as to what dist
to try....

just my $.02

sloopy.
p.s. i just checked my hd and i still have CW PRO3 still on it and would
volunteer to write this if it would be feasable/useful...

on 11/3/01 1:02 AM using moldy cheese ldesegur@mac.com engraved this message