Re: woody boot-floppies

On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 07:05:04PM -0800, ozymandias G desiderata wrote:

> I downloaded a prebuilt 2.4.12-benh0 kernel from
> http://www.ppckernel.org/benh-devel/ and added it to my tftp-bootable
> yaboot configuration. The kernel loaded and booted just fine, only
> hanging when it hit the place where it was supposed to load root.bin
> (it had apparently been compiled without initrd support, which is
> fine, because the initrd from boot-floppies doesn't match the kernel
> anyway).

I tried that kernel on my iMac with the 3.0.16 boot-floppies initrd. It does
boot up for me. I found if I configured the keyboard (either keymap), it
went to a really wacky keymap; but if I avoided that step it was usable. (In
that crazy keymap, just in case you arrive there, 2=r for reboot, and
F5=Return.) I didn't do too much, there are probably lots of
incompatibilities. I tried configuring DHCP, that failed. And it froze when
rebooting.

|  .''`.  |   Debian GNU/Linux: <http://www.debian.org>          |
| : :'  : |   debian-imac: <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net>  |
| `. `'`  |      Chris Tillman        tillman@azstarnet.com      |
|   `-    |            May the Source be with you                |