Re: XFS Install (was: HFS+ (MacOS) in contrast to EXT2 (Linux-i386))

On Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 10:23:29AM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> Kevin van Haaren wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 02:21:37AM +0200, Michel D?nzer wrote:
> > > Laurent de Segur wrote:
> > >
> > > Not my experience, when I looked more than a week ago, their FTP
> > > site already had patches for early .10-pre versions.
> >
> > OK, I spent most of the weekend trying to get XFS and a 2.4.x kernel
> > to compile.
> >
> > Woody has a patch for XFS.  It's against kernel 2.4.5.  There is NO
> > kernel-source package for 2.4.5.  So there appears to be no way to do
> > a debian package XFS kernel install at this time.
>
> You can build kernel packages with kernel-package from any Linux tree.
>

> > Latest version on SGI's site
> > (http://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/index.html) is for 2.4.10-pre8
> > (whoops, just double checked that and a patch for pre-10 just released
> > yesterday, i'll try that next).

huh ? where did you looked at it ? i just found

ftp://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/download/Release-1.0.1/kernel_patches

which has 2.4.5 only.

That said, on the download page, you can read :

XFS patches are also available in Debian-unstable ("Sid")

which seem to be for the 2.4.5 kernel also, maintained by Ed Boraas.

The link to Mark Pinto's provided unofficial debian package's is broken
though.

Friendly,

Sven Luther