Re: HFS+ (MacOS) in contrast to EXT2 (Linux-i386)

What you are saying about ReiserFS is really unfortunate. When I read the
archive, there is no question that XFS is a lot more reliable than ReiserFS.
On the other hand, It seems that the Linux community is promoting heavily
ReiserFS vs XFS/JFS, and that seems totally contradictory with the feedback
I got so far.

It's too bad that the XFS module (at least on ppc) is not part of the
pre-compiled kernel image (ReiserFS is), and that the XFS kernel patches lag
a few kernel revs behind, making it mostly obsolete by the time you have to
install it on the latest 2.4 kernel (don't know about 2.2.x but can't afford
this alternative due to platform support.)

Laurent