Re: HFS+ (MacOS) in contrast to EXT2 (Linux-i386)

Laurent de Segur wrote:

> It's too bad that the XFS module (at least on ppc) is not part of the
> pre-compiled kernel image (ReiserFS is),

Not really, you still need patches (at least Alan Cox's) to use ReiserFS on
big endian systems.

> and that the XFS kernel patches lag a few kernel revs behind, making it
> mostly obsolete by the time you have to install it on the latest 2.4 kernel

Not my experience, when I looked more than a week ago, their FTP site already
had patches for early .10-pre versions.

XFS can't be merged into 2.4 because there are too many changes, but it will
hopefully be merged in during 2.5 .