Re: XFree86 update question

On Mon, Sep 17, 2001 at 04:21:40AM -0400, Adam C Powell IV wrote:

> Okay, there's one other much simpler alternative which will work
> long-term: an optional console keymap with command mapped to alt, and a

already done, its called the Apple USB keymap its been there pretty
much since the transition to linux keycodes got underway (i think the
second or 3rd revision of console-data when making the change added it).

> couple of (commented - OK) lines in /etc/X11/Xmodmap to make that
> switch.  I'm happy to do that second patch for Xmodmap, but have no idea

theres one in my home directory on master.penguinppc.org/~eb/Xmodmap
it works though im not entirely certain its correct, ive never really
felt the need to fiddle with X keymaps before...

you will have to talk to Branden about adding commented lines to
/etc/X11/Xmodmap since its only a few he might be ok with it.

> how to do the first (console keymap).

its already done see above.

> Okay with you Ethan?

yup