Re: XFree86 update question

On Sat, Sep 15, 2001 at 03:44:56PM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> You're not thinking.  Pristine source here means -WITH THE DEBIAN KERNEL
> PATCH APPLIED-.  Or from BitKeeper directly.  If I do this, it will go
> in to BitKeeper.  If you try to use kernel.org kernels, you're shit out
> of luck to start with.

bullshit, i am running ftp.kernel.org 2.2.19 with Alan Cox's pre10
patch applied, no debian patches, no bitkeeper patches, no other
patches period.  before that i ran 2.2.19 straight from kernel.org, no
patches at all.

2.4.10 will probably also be perfectly fine on powerpc.
master.penguinppc.org is running 2.4.8 from kernel.org, no patches at
all and its working perfectly.

this is pure FUD on your part.

--
Ethan Benson