Re: XFree86 update question

On Sat, Sep 15, 2001 at 09:17:11PM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> So Tom's gotten ahead of me on merges.  It's still generally true.  It

not for 2.2 its not, and hasn't been for a very long time, since
2.2.17 in actuality.  2.4.10pre6 or so is said to be nearly complete
in the powerpc merge (says Tom Rini).  2.4.8 was plenty far enough for
most purposes (except laptops), 2.4.9 had some minor breakage (on more
then just powerpc, sparc too).

> will also go into kernel.org if I put it into bitkeeper.  This is all
> dodging the actual issue.

your talking about changing this default upstream? that is a different
issue.  i object to debian's kernel behaving differently then all
other kernels in use everywhere else.   however changing this default
out from under people EVERYWHERE i think is a very very bad idea.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/