Re: offset x screen

On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 02:13:37AM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:

> I have fixed fbdevhw beyond the patch on that page with the help of Geert.
>
> I have hopefully found the bug in the fbdev driver now, please test
>
> http://penguinppc.org/~daenzer/patches/fbdev-fboffset.diff
>
> or
>
> http://penguinppc.org/~daenzer/fbdev_drv.o
>
> which is the 4.1.0 fbdev driver built with the patch applied. If it works,
> I'll submit it to Branden and upstream.
>

> > Should someone file a bug against xserver-fbdev ?
>
> Did you mean xserver-xfree86? Either way, I don't think it's useful
> (xserver-fbdev is outdated) or necessary (the relevant XFree86 developer (me
> ;) is aware of the problem).

I tried your patched fbdev_drv.o in /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers.
There seems to be no change. I hope I put it in the right place!
If you need the output of any command or configs just ask. Patching and
building the driver is, I'm afraid, beyond me. (I probably don't have the
free space anyway :-) ).

Bruce.