Re: offset x screen

Bruce McIntyre wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 07:28:42PM +0200, Michel D?nzer wrote:
> > bmcintyre@primus.com.au wrote:
> >
> > > as fbi (the frame buffer image viewer) also wraps the screen, albeit on
> > > the other side, does this mean we are barking up the wrong config?
> > > perhaps this is a kernel thing...
> >
> > Unlikely. As I mentioned already, I suspect both fbi and X handle the
> > framebuffer offset incorrectly, both in different ways.
> >
> > Someone would really have to clean up the offset handling in fbdevhw.c
> > and/or fbdev.c, I can't really do it because I don't have hardware where
> > this applies.
> Michael Lanners has some more intelligent (than mine) documentation on this
> problem, as well as the beginnings of a fix.
> See http://mcp.cpu.lu/~mlan/linux/dev/xf4.html

I have fixed fbdevhw beyond the patch on that page with the help of Geert.

I have hopefully found the bug in the fbdev driver now, please test

which is the 4.1.0 fbdev driver built with the patch applied. If it works,
I'll submit it to Branden and upstream.

> Should someone file a bug against xserver-fbdev ?

Did you mean xserver-xfree86? Either way, I don't think it's useful
(xserver-fbdev is outdated) or necessary (the relevant XFree86 developer (me
;) is aware of the problem).