Re: offset x screen

On Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 07:28:42PM +0200, Michel D?nzer wrote:
> bmcintyre@primus.com.au wrote:
>
> > as fbi (the frame buffer image viewer) also wraps the screen, albeit on the
> > other side, does this mean we are barking up the wrong config?
> > perhaps this is a kernel thing...
>
> Unlikely. As I mentioned already, I suspect both fbi and X handle the
> framebuffer offset incorrectly, both in different ways.
>
> Someone would really have to clean up the offset handling in fbdevhw.c and/or
> fbdev.c, I can't really do it because I don't have hardware where this
> applies.

Michael Lanners has some more intelligent (than mine) documentation on this
problem, as well as the beginnings of a fix.
See http://mcp.cpu.lu/~mlan/linux/dev/xf4.html
Should someone file a bug against xserver-fbdev ? I could try, but
recent controversy on the signal-to noise ratio in the bug tracking
system have made me wary of proceeding.

Bruce.