Re: Can anyone help test CD images?

On Sun, Jun 17, 2001 at 03:31:33PM -0600, Nate Duehr wrote:
> Ethan,
>
> Little confused here, and I saw some other questions about it on the
> lists -- should I be using my sid machine to build CD's, or a potato
> machine with updated mkisofs only?

the only thing that matters AFAICT is mkisofs.

> Little worried about coming up with invalid tests for you and don't want
> to do that.  Did Phil ever reply about what he does to make the official
> CD's?  (I haven't had a chance to look for his reply from a question
> asked a few days ago...)

nope.

i did find out potato CDs are built with an old version of debian cd
that uses mkhybrid, so potato CDs should now and always have been
bootable.

sorry i don't know much more about it then you do, i just looked at
the debian-cd source and fixed what i can see is wrong with it. it
should work for building woody CDs in addition to potato. since it
wants to use mkisofs now you must use the one from woody or sid not
potato's.  do a current cvs checkout of debian-cd as well.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/