Re: Can anyone help test CD images?

On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 11:49:22PM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 06:24:56PM -0600, Nate Duehr wrote:
> > Ethan, I need to reinstall the iMac anyway -- probably won't get to it
> > until this weekend, but perhaps sooner.
> >
> > If you need copies of CD's burnt for you, just let me know -- I'll need
> > to talk to you in private mail about where to send them, etc... but I'd
> > bet you'd catch things wrong with them that I wouldn't!  :-)  I can,
> > however, make you a set after releases if you'd like.
>
> what i really need is testing of my changes to the cvs version of
> debian-cd. i don't want to break it and then not find out until debian
> tries to build powerpc CD images....

OK i have commited some changes that should make CDs happy again.  i
need them tested ASAP to ensure things are still good and that
NewWorld bootable CDs are rendered:

please do a cvs checkout of debian-cd and use that source to build
images:

   export CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous@cvs.debian.org:/cvs/debian-boot
   cvs login
   cvs co debian-cd

note that you MUST have the mkisofs from woody installed, potato's
will NOT work.  (this problem already existed prior to my changes).

i would prefer to see tests using both mkisofs (woody) and mkhybrid
(potato).  but mkisofs is preferred since this is already the default
for debian-cd.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/