Re: devfs support in ofpath: criteria for patches

I've been typing standard unix device names for almost 20 years, and
I've gotten pretty fast and handy at it.  The devfs thing is a major
annoyance to me, and so far I have been successful in ignoring it.
But how long will that last.  What I want to know is, what question
was devfs an answer to?  There must have been one, right?  Is it a
posix thing?  I suppose I could research these questions myself, but
it's too hot outside.  ~:^)