Re: yabootconfig updated: please test, real url

On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 05:18:27PM -0700, Tom Rini wrote:
> On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 03:12:28PM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:

> > > Well, on a devfs system, yabootconfig dies before the check is run. :)
> > > # ./yabootconfig
> > > yabootconfig: /dev/hda10 / ext2 defaults 0 1: No such file or directory
> >
> > this should be fixed now
>
> Nope.  If I run it w/o any args, I still get the above.  If I run it w/
> -r /dev/hda10 I get the devfs error.

hmm ok i don't think that has anything to do with devfs then...

this looks like a problem how it figures out the root partition, which
is:

## find / device
if [ -z "$ROOT" ] ; then
    ROOT="$(v=`grep '[[:blank:]]/[[:blank:]]' ${CHROOT}etc/fstab` ;echo ${v%%[ ]*})"
    if [ -z "$ROOT" ] ; then
        echo 1>&2 "$PRG: Could not determine root partition, aborting..."
        exit 1
    fi
fi

that shell substitution should throw away everything but the first
component of the extracted fstab entry, ah wait i think i may know
why...

you probably have:

/dev/hda10\t/\text2....  the substitution only does spaces..

i have uploaded a preliminary fix, please try it now.

> BTW, if you do this just after checking the args, all should work right:
> if [ -c /dev/.devfs ]; then
>   echo ...
>   exit 1
> fi

well, the thing that really isn't supported is the retarded devfs
names, not devfs itself.  so long as all yabootconfig sees is the
standard short names all will be fine.  its more a problem with ofpath
which will die on the ugly names.

if you can configure your system to never show devfs names (df is the
problem usually) then yabootconfig and ofpath will work fine with
devfs.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/