Re: yabootconfig updated: please test, real url

On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 04:53:14PM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:

> that shell substitution should throw away everything but the first
> component of the extracted fstab entry, ah wait i think i may know
> why...
>
> you probably have:
>
> /dev/hda10\t/\text2....  the substitution only does spaces..

Yeap.

> i have uploaded a preliminary fix, please try it now.

Ok.

> > BTW, if you do this just after checking the args, all should work right:
> > if [ -c /dev/.devfs ]; then
> >   echo ...
> >   exit 1
> > fi
>
> well, the thing that really isn't supported is the retarded devfs
> names, not devfs itself.  so long as all yabootconfig sees is the
> standard short names all will be fine.  its more a problem with ofpath
> which will die on the ugly names.

Well, the problem is that my fstab has /dev/hda10, but df shows the
devfs name.  I've (almost) got something done which will turn
/dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/partX into /dev/hdaX and so on (at least
as much as we have OF aliases for).

> if you can configure your system to never show devfs names (df is the
> problem usually) then yabootconfig and ofpath will work fine with
> devfs.

Right.  But that's not the default config. :)

--
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/