Re: XFree4 on Pismo - kernel 2.4

"Michel Dänzer" <michdaen@iiic.ethz.ch> writes:

> "Jason E. Stewart" wrote:
>
> > If I try to play xmms, I get 'permission denied'. So I have to first
> > do 'newgroup audio', and then play xmms... But then I get popping. If
> > I do it as root no trouble.
>
> Do you have 'Use realtime priority when available' enabled in the XMMS
> preferences? 'Realtime priority' is only available for root.

No, I don't.

The really sad part is that after flipping through every possible
option in xmms, killing and restarting it 100 times. I can now
suddenly play audio CD's. I haven't changed anything. It just works
now. Ditto with playing as an unpriveleged user, it suddenly works, no
matter which output backend I choose.

Have I been eating LSD??

Thanks for peoples advice, sorry for wasting your time....
jas.