Re: openmotif and ppc .debs source ?

On Sun, Apr 15, 2001 at 05:22:48PM -0700, Matt Brubeck wrote:
> Run "dselect" as root. This will allow you to search through available
> packages, and install/remove them from your system. Edit
> /etc/apt/sources.list to add new package sources (e.g. to upgrade from
> potato to woody).
>
> dselect is largely self-documenting.

 If you're running woody or sid, then try console-apt and/or aptitude.
They feel nicer than dselect, IMHO.  (I hate how return is the key to accept
the current selection of packages in dselect, esp. given how long it takes
to crunch through the dep checking.  I sometimes press return by mistake...)

 Aside from dselect, debfoster is nice for letting you figure out how to get
rid of unneeded packages stuff used to depend on.

--
#define X(x,y) x##y