Re: XFree4 on Pismo - kernel 2.4

On 15 Apr 2001, Jason E. Stewart wrote:

> "Michel Dänzer" <michdaen@iiic.ethz.ch> writes:
>
> The really sad part is that after flipping through every possible
> option in xmms, killing and restarting it 100 times. I can now
> suddenly play audio CD's. I haven't changed anything. It just works
> now. Ditto with playing as an unpriveleged user, it suddenly works, no
> matter which output backend I choose.
>
> Have I been eating LSD??

That could be the explanation ;-)

Another option was maybe wrong permissions for esd in /tmp/.esd/ - I have
experienced it not always deletes it properly when shutting down esound
and switching between users - then fiddling around enough may have somehow
corrected that. Try adding a third user account (member of audio) and see
if you can provoke the sitruation to occur again (or leave it be and cross
your fingers it was only the dope hallucinations)

But it still sounds strange. When I have sound problems it either works or
it doesn't at all - slowing down doesn't make any sense to me.

 - Jonas

--
Jonas Smedegaard   <jonas@jones.dk>   http://www.jones.dk/~jonas/
IT-guide dr. Jones    <dr@jones.dk>   http://dr.jones.dk/    +45 40843136