Re: Unable to create/save/open/delete files as root

On Mon, Mar 26, 2001 at 07:20:14PM +0000, Gordon Dykes wrote:
> Remounting the partition using "mount / -o remount,rw" has allowed me
> to work on files again.
 Ok, good.
> Changing the kernel makde no difference.
 Were your other ones compiled with devfs, too?  If you boot a kernel
without devfs, you should be ok.  Go get one off your debian CD or something.

> How do I get the drive correctly mounted during init as almost all
> the scrips are failing.  Editing fstab didnt help this.

 You need to boot a non-devfs kernel, or get userspace ready for devfs (I
don't know how to do the latter, so getting a kernel is what I would do.)

--
#define X(x,y) x##y