Re: Unable to create/save/open/delete files as root

sounds like yet another victom of the broken paulus kernel .config

reconfigure your 2.4 kernel and under Filesystems turn  DEVFS *OFF*
all of it every devfs option turn it off, not module, off. then install that kernel and you will be fine.
--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/

I can try that but I cant do anything that involves editing files.
Using a different kernel makes no difference.
The problem is not having any write access to the partition.

Your help is much appreciated.
--
For evil to triumph it is only necessary for good men to buy Microsoft.