Re: Unable to create/save/open/delete files as root

On Sun, Mar 25, 2001 at 10:22:26PM +0100, Gordon Dykes wrote:
> HELP THIS IS URGENT
>
> I have a problem of not being able to create/save/open or delete any
> file on my / partition.
>
> Last night i compiled the 2.4.3 kernel.  Once I rebooted with the new
> kernel init was showing lots of errors with the partitions, modules
> and other stuff.  It also didn't mount /proc.

sounds like yet another victom of the broken paulus kernel .config

reconfigure your 2.4 kernel and under Filesystems turn  DEVFS *OFF*
all of it every devfs option turn it off, not module, off.

then install that kernel and you will be fine.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/