Re: debian2.2r2 on powerbook G4

Michel Dänzer wrote:

> Alan DuBoff wrote:
> >
> > Michel Dänzer wrote:
> >
> > > It's under 'network device support', then 'PCMCIA network device support'.
> > > You have to enable wireless LAN support there and you'll be presented with
> > > the choice for Airport.
> >
> > I don't see the airport listed, I only show support in the PCMCIA network
> > device support for:
> >
> > Aviator/Raytheon 2.4MHz wireless support
> > Xircom Netwave AirSurfer wireless support
> > AT&T/Lucent Wavelan wireless support
> > Aironet 4500 PCMCIA support
>
> I get two more options below those, the second being Airport.
>
> michdaen@pismo:/usr/local/src/linux-pmac-2.4> grep AIRPORT
> drivers/net/pcmcia/Config.in
> dep_tristate '  Airport/IEEE 802.11 wireless support' CONFIG_AIRPORT
> $CONFIG_NET_PCMCIA_RADIO

Nah, I didn't find anything before, I looked...;-)

This is from Config.in

 if [ "$CONFIG_NET_PCMCIA_RADIO" = "y" ]; then
    dep_tristate '    Aviator/Raytheon 2.4MHz wireless support'
CONFIG_PCMCIA_RAYCS $CONFIG_PCMCIA
    dep_tristate '    Xircom Netwave AirSurfer wireless support'
CONFIG_PCMCIA_NETWAVE $CONFIG_PCMCIA
    dep_tristate '    AT&T/Lucent Wavelan wireless support'
CONFIG_PCMCIA_WAVELAN $CONFIG_PCMCIA
    dep_tristate '    Aironet 4500/4800 PCMCIA support' CONFIG_AIRONET4500_CS
$CONFIG_AIRONET4500 $CONFIG_PCMCIA
 fi

You have a different tree than me, or you had files in the tree that are not
there now. IOW, if you had been rsync'n in that directory already, it might
have been updated differently.

If you do a fresh rsync, you should get the same code that I have...without
the airport. (I think...;-)

--

Alan DuBoff
Software Orchestration, Inc.