Re: help

On Fri, Feb 09, 2001 at 08:24:48PM -0900 or thereabouts, Ethan Benson wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 09, 2001 at 06:42:58PM -0800, Mike Fedyk wrote:
> > Why? We have miBoot.  Won't that work on a CD?
>
> miboot requires proprietary apple drivers, which are only available
> with a proprietary macos CD burning software, and macos is of course
> proprietary.  this is unacceptable to Debian which is made up of only
> Free Software.

Right, understandable. But on oldworld machines without floppies, you need proprietary
software in order to install debian. That's not really better, if you
want to be really finicky :)   (refer to my long threads last summer about
installing Linux - either LPPC or debian - without a floppy or MacOS. I
needed both LinuxPPC and its miboot proprietary software and debian and
it's mac-fdisk to actually achieve anything...)

> GNU/Linux is not macos and never will be.   (nor should be)
>
> miboot is very clunky and difficult to setup, its not reccommened or
> supported for disk booting.

agreed.

Patrix.

--
Understanding is a three-edged sword; your side, their side, and the truth.
	-- a well-known Vorlon