Re: help

As far as word processing goes, I think StarOffice is the most popular
choice for linux in general... if you think about it, let me know if you get
it installed, because I'm not sure about compatibility :)

I'm assuming you have a debian cd? In that case, press the option key when
rebooting to give you the option of booting off the cd. During the install,
you can repartition, etc.

If you just downloaded the stuff off the net, then point bootx at the
'virtual kernel,' (I forget what it's really called, but I think the
instructions on debian.org are pretty clear.

Good luck!