Re: Helix GNOME 1.2 (moving somewhat OT)

On Wed, May 31, 2000 at 05:00:10PM -0400, Kevin Puetz wrote:

> dan@debian.org said:
> > ask Dan, he seems to know all about the build daemons.  they are
> > definitly improving over what they were a couple months ago, but still
> > seem to trip over some things.
> > Don't ask me.  Dbuild is a whole other mess.
>
> so you build all the ppc packages manually with apt-get source -b <name> (or
> equivalent) then? wow... or is there some other tool/script that I should be
> using to build all the binary debs from an directory of sources and dsc files?

God, no, I don't do it by hand.  And no, there is no other tool you
should be using.

The buildd is a fickle and complicated piece of software; it is FAR
overkill for something like this.  Well, maybe not terribly far
overkill, but probably more trouble than you want to go to.  It's
called "wanna-build".

Stick to dbuild, I think.

Dan