Re: Helix GNOME 1.2 (moving somewhat OT)

On Tue, May 30, 2000 at 11:03:05PM -0400, Kevin Puetz wrote:

> Actually, they do have linuxPPC RPM's it's just the debs that are i386 only. I

how offensive!  ;-)  once you get the powerpc debs built be sure to
pass on the info to them they seem committed to building proper debian
compliant debs so im sure if they have access to powerpc hardware they
will be happy to build powerpc binaries.  but that packaged for
linuxppc only must be fixed! ;-)

> assume that gnome-1.2 will someday have an official debian maintainer, but it
> certainly doesn't hurt when the upstream people are supporting debs (which
> keeps debian current and nice). In any case, dbuild is kicking away now so the

indeed, i just think things tend to work better with real debian
maintainers, for one all debian users can get the packages from
debian, which in my mind improves the trust factor..

> debs should start to trickle out my network pipe sometime in the near future
> (glib and gtk down, plenty to go), but I'm finding that I have to help it do
> things in the right order just as I would have had to dith dpkg-buildpackage,
> so I'm not sure what the advantage is. I'm kinda surprised, I thought the
> autobuilders were more automated but maybe there is simply more human
> intervention than I expected.
>
> dbuild -V -v -a -s --no-signature-checks . (where . contains all the tars,
> dscs, diffs, etc) is the way to use it, right? and then build -V -v -a -s
> --no-signature-checks something.dsc when I want to build one particular
> package?)

ask Dan, he seems to know all about the build daemons.  they are
definitly improving over what they were a couple months ago, but still
seem to trip over some things.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/