Re: Helix GNOME 1.2

erbenson@alaska.net said:
> if they have source debs and assuming there is no portability bugs a
> simple apt-get source helix-whatever and a dpkg-buildpackage should do
> the trick (or apt-get -b source)

> i think they have thier page setup so its aptable no?

yes, they have apt-getable source debs, so this should be pretty painless.
It's just that I expect that a) it's probably going to take many,many hours,
so we don't need lots of people doing it and b) it's multiple packages, some
of which I assume will have to be installed before others will compile. I
assume dbuild is the way to go here, but I'm not entirely sure, I'll check
into it and see if I can get us some debs made. It looks so cool in the
screenshots, the panel can finally be hacked up to what may be my satisfaction
:-)