Re: xserver crashes

Hi Michael and all,

I thought I sent email out last night regarding this issue but somehow it never made it.

Michel Dänzer wrote:

Taro Fukunaga wrote:

> > I removed xscreensaver but I still have this problem. Seems to be a
> > problem when I'm moving mozilla 17 or netscape windows, which to be
> > fairly large on my monitor. I have no other screensavers. Netscape is
> > from an rpm which I repackages as a deb. And I think m17 is not from
> > original deb either but from mozilla.org tarball.
> > Well I am still getting this problem. About every 30 minutes or so, a window
> I'm trying to move becomes unplacable, meaning if I click my mouse nothing
> happens and after about 10 tries or so X locks up.

Which window manager? Have you tried another one?

The problem occurs when I use WindowMaker. Resizing/moving windows in WindowMaker causes it to crash and this is documented as being a bug in WindowMaker 0.61, which is used in Potato. It has been fixed in the current version of WindowMaker although I haven't tried this out yet.

> Also I found that I have to have the screensaver or I get logged out
> automatically and go back into wdm.

I don't understand this, please explain further.

Ignore this...

> I don't think this problem has anything to do with mozilla but possibly
> with my Xserver or XFree86Config.

Sorry if you mentioned it before, but which X server is it?

Michel

Ignore this too. I am pretty sure the problem is with WindowMaker. I don't have this problem when I'm using fvwm2. Is anyone else having this problem when using WindowMaker?

Regards,

Taro