Re: xserver crashes

Hi,

Taro Fukunaga wrote:

>  > I get the same problem, turning off the the screensaver should
> prevent it,  of course you'll be wanting your   >  screensaver though.
> It may be just one  of the savers, not all. Try running different savers
> to see which one >  might  be causing it.
>
> I removed xscreensaver but I still have this problem. Seems to be a
> problem when I'm moving mozilla 17 or netscape windows, which to be
> fairly large on my monitor. I have no other screensavers. Netscape is
> from an rpm which I repackages as a deb. And I think m17 is not from
> original deb either but from mozilla.org tarball.
>
> - Taro

Well I am still getting this problem. About every 30 minutes or so, a window I'm
trying to move becomes unplacable, meaning if I click my mouse nothing happens
and after about 10 tries or so X locks up. Also I found that I have to have the
screensaver or I get logged out automatically and go back into wdm. I don't
think this problem has anything to do with mozilla but possibly with my Xserver
or XFree86Config. I can't believe no one else is having this problem.

I am beginning to long for the days of slow but trusty MkLinux!

Regards,

Taro