Re: iMac DV/iBook Firewire install follow-up

Hadess wrote:

> > > I couldn't get the drm to compile in BenH's latest kernel
> > > (2.2.18-pre4-benh I think), but it compiled OK in your drm-source...
> >
> > What happened with Ben's source? Have you contacted him about it?
>
> No, not yet, it's  "LOCK_PREFIX" undefined in drmP.h.

Hm, looks like he hasn't integrated my patches yet.

> > > But instead, it falls back to offb and tells me that my Horizontal
> > refresh
> > > rate is 120 kHz (yep, kHz), and my Vertical one 186 Hz...
> > > No "aty128fb" lines in the kernel output.
> > >
> > > Xfree 4.0 tells me that no screen found have a valid configuration (I
> > tried
> > > putting the refresh rates of the old iBook, to no avail.)
> >
> > 4.0 may not have support for the new Mobility chip. Can't tell for sure
> > without looking at XF86Config and log though.
>
> The only error:
> (II) r128(0): initializing int10
> (EE) r128(0): Cannot read V_BIOS (4)

What version is this? This shouldn't be a problem with my DRI binaries, in
fact it shouldn't be a problem with the X4 debs. If they support your chip,
that is.

Michel

Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86 and the DRI project