Re: Differences between i386 and ppc kernels?

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 26, 2000 at 12:32:54PM -0500, dwayne@austin.ibm.com wrote:
> > I'll open the wishlist bug against boot-floppies. Thanks for the advice.
>
> For reference, yes, you probably do have that kernel image package.  At
> present there is no way to register it at install, because we don't
> install the whole kernel package - not its doc dir, for instance.
> Maybe someday.

Hmm, on i386, du -s in the doc dir says it uses 7k (it tar-gzips into 3.2k), and the
rescue floppy comes with config.gz which is bigger than that, and about 40k free.
Of course there's the headache of registering existing files as an installed
package, though I suppose that has to be done for base-files anyway.

As you say, "maybe someday", the need is not that great but it seems a reasonable
wishlist bug.

-Adam P.