Re: Booting to Linux after installing MacOS X (Was: Re: getting pismo to boot by itself "smoke test")

> yes MacOSX is pulling a Microsoft, it reorders the partitions around
> and moves your bootstrap partition last,  the only thing you can do is
> use mac-fdisk to put it back where it belongs: before all mac partitions.

Hmm.  This doesn't seem to explain it.  The output of mac-fdisk looks the
same as it did before the install: the "bootstrap" partition is still at
/dev/hda6.  (I also discovered when I did this that the Mac OS X partition
is an HFS+ partition, rather than a UFS partition like I had instructed
the installer to create).

BTW: What do I add to sources.list to get "potato-proposed-updates"?

samsara:/home/mikef# mac-fdisk -l /dev/hda
/dev/hda
        #                    type name                   length   base
( size )  system
/dev/hda1     Apple_partition_map Apple                      63 @ 1
( 31.5k)  Partition map
/dev/hda2          Apple_Driver43 Macintosh                  64 @ 64
( 32.0k)  Driver 4.3
/dev/hda3          Apple_Driver43 Macintosh                  64 @ 128
( 32.0k)  Driver 4.3
/dev/hda4        Apple_Driver_ATA Macintosh                  64 @ 192
( 32.0k)  Unknown
/dev/hda5           Apple_Patches Patch Partition           512 @ 256
(256.0k)  Unknown
/dev/hda6         Apple_Bootstrap bootstrap                1600 @ 768
(800.0k)  Unknown
/dev/hda7         Apple_UNIX_SVR2 /                     9017752 @ 2368
(  4.3G)  Linux native
/dev/hda8         Apple_UNIX_SVR2 swap                   614400 @ 9020120
(300.0M)  Linux swap
/dev/hda9               Apple_HFS MacOS                 2098600 @ 9634520
(  1.0G)  HFS

Block size=512, Number of Blocks=11733120
DeviceType=0x0, DeviceId=0x0
Drivers-
1: @ 64 for 22, type=0x1
2: @ 128 for 36, type=0xffff