Re: raid troubles

Jeremiah Merkl wrote:

> has anyone else gotten a raid0 drive set up and moutned successfully?
> I'm having  difficulties with raidtools 0.42-22 from woody. Should I be
> using raidtools2? If so, I need to patch my kernel source (2.2.17),
> right?

I've had raid0 and raid5 set up using old raidtools and 2.2.14 kernel on i386,
but when I tried to build and use an SMP kernel, it would hang the machine when
I went to mount it.  Old raid has not been maintained for well over a year, and
it wouldn't surprise me if it's broken on PPC.

So try the new raid, patches at http://people.redhat.com/mingo/raid-patches/ ,
with raidtools2.

-Adam P.