Re: ftp and ip

On Fri, Jun 30, 2000 at 02:39:14AM -0500, Josh wrote:
> ftp: connect: no route to host
make sure you've got a loopback device set up. check with ifconfig.

> I don't know what I could have done so as not to be able to ftp locally.

Yes, that does sound strange, what does your routing table look like?  Have
you checked log files to see if anything funny is going on?

> Also, I don't think there is anything in /etc/inetd.conf for ftp.  There are some
> commented lines for tftp that say to uncomment for booting over a network or something.
I believe that proftpd runs as a seperate daemon, and not through inetd.
I'm not sure if that's the best ftp server to be using, but that's the one
I've had the most luck with on my systems.

--
Josh
6B21489A | GnuPG ID/Fingerprint | huber@mclx.com |