Re: ftp and ip

On Wed, Jun 28, 2000 at 06:03:37PM -0500, Josh wrote:
> > Check your /etc/hosts.deny, it's probably set to ALL: PARANOID.
>
> I did that, still doesn't work.  What about /etc/hosts.allow file?
> Also, is it possible that my ISP doesn't have IP forwarding set up for me, so when
> I try to ftp that IP address, maybe it just stops at the ISP (I thought I read
> about that somwhere)?

Yeah, make sure the hosts.allow file is ALL: ALL, but I'm not sure that's
necessary. (it may even be the default).

If your ISP blocked inbound connections that would really suck: time to find
a new ISP! :)

Other than that, I'm not sure -- maybe someone else has some ideas?

--
Josh
6B21489A | GnuPG ID/Fingerprint | huber@mclx.com |