Re: ftp and ip

> Make sure you have a ftp server running.  For example:
> apt-get install proftpd

OK, I have proftpd.  I can ftp locally, but not remotely.  When I was running
Debian 68K, I could have that machine dial up access, email me the dynamically
assigned IP address, then I could ftp that machine remotely, without even
configuring anything on the Debian machine.  Now I have Debian PPC on a G3
Powerbook thats connected with DSL (DCHP).  So the IP address I'm assigned is
always the same.  Shouldn't I be able to just ftp my powerbook remotely?  Do I
have to configure proftpd more?